Temporarily deactivate your Facebook account.On July 13, 2020 by admin
Few things are forever, and among these certainly, there is no cancellation of your Facebook account: as we saw in our previous article if you want to leave your experience on the blue social network permanently behind you have to follow a procedure and then wait 30 days before the actual cancellation occurs. However, it may happen that you simply want to take a break: today’s life is full of commitments, hectic, and being behind everything – including social profiles – can be a difficult task. Luckily it’s possible: here’s how to temporarily disable your Facebook account.
Take a break from social media
There are those who could never do without it, and day after day the fan increase on the Facebook page follows: after all if used for work, the social network is undoubtedly fundamental. But the personal profile with everything that follows can be an extra burden: it may happen that you do not have time to manage friend requests, contact comments, invitations to events, group chats. Or it may even happen that you need a moment of silence and quiet, in which to gather ideas and not have to worry about anything else.
How to temporarily suspend your Facebook profile
Whatever the reason, Facebook knows that sometimes you may need an offline moment, and over time it has simplified the procedure for pausing personal profiles more and more. Today it is really easy to do it, let’s see together how:
- Access your Facebook profile by entering your credentials on www.facebook.com.
- Look for the upside-down arrow symbol at the top right and click on it; a drop-down menu will open.
- In the menu look for Settings and click.
- in the left column, look for the item “Your Facebook information” and click again;
- now you will see a new window in which the last item is “Deactivation and elimination” click on View to access the relative functions;
- Here you will find both the option to cancel your account, previously seen on this blog and the option to temporarily deactivate it. You must choose the latter to be able to return to Facebook and reactivate it at any time.
@You may also be interested in the best Payment Gateway in Pakistan.
Pause Facebook from mobile or tablet
The procedure just seen is that relating to the suspension of the Facebook account from a computer. From mobile the procedure is slightly different:
- start the Facebook app from your device screen;
- look for the symbol with the three dashes at the top right;
- look for the item “Settings and privacy” and click on it; a drop-down menu will open from which you will have to select “settings” again.
- Click on the first item Personal Information” and then on Account Management here you will find both the entry that allows you to name an heir contact and the one to deactivate your account.
Facebook account paused: what does it mean?
Now that you have deactivated your Facebook account you are satisfied and you can enjoy the quiet. But what do others see? Has your profile disappeared or is it still visible?
Your profile is now effectively invisible to others, apart from your friends’ friends list, but only for them and only there. If you have left Messenger active, however, you can be searched on the social search engine to send you messages, and you can continue chatting with your friends. In this case, your profile photo will still be visible to your contacts. On groups, administrators may in some cases still see your comments with the profile photo.
Remember that you have not deleted, but only paused your Facebook profile: this means that when you want to reopen it, all you have to do is access the platform again and reactivate it.
Read more: best payment gateway in pakistan